Process Your Lighting Data in 5 Steps
As you look at facilities repair data for a chain of retail stores, it can be tough to uncover the “good stuff.” WB has a five-step process to help you work through the data – and identify solutions that can deliver real results.
1. Identify top spend stores.
Use the 80/20 rule: a small group of stores may be depleting a large portion of your budget. Perform a High Spend/High Frequency Analysis to uncover work with a large expense per occurrence or instances where the volume of work orders adds up to a large dollar amount.
2. Rule out major projects/initiatives.
Ignore one-time expenses that may be part of your overall operating budget. In other words, don’t spend time on things that are unlikely to recur.
3. Investigate root causes & identify patterns.
Look for recurring problems. Consider your store design/square footage, building age/type, volume of foot traffic, and technology employed. Does a particular concept cost you more to maintain?
- For example, one WB client saw multiple work orders over several months for breaker repair at a cost of $2,000. WB reviewed with the technician assigned to the store, contacted the store and interviewed personnel, and discovered breakers being used as an on/off switch! WB installed switches at a cost of $350. The store has had zero breaker tickets since installation, and has enjoyed thousands in ongoing cost avoidance.
4. Develop an action plan.
Once you’ve examined the data, it’s time to identify and implement solutions.
5. Sustain new behaviors based on lessons learned.
Continue to analyze data to confirm you’ve solved the problem. Don’t stop now – uncover additional opportunities for savings and efficiency!
Request a Quote
WB has a 100-year history of solving complex lighting and electrical challenges with a "get-it-done" approach. If you have a project in mind, Contact Us.
Ready to Order?
If you’re a WB client, please log-in here to enjoy our famously convenient online ordering system.